18th INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE IN SERVICE MANAGEMENT
A LONDE SERVICE CONFERENCE
Porquerolles Island, France May 20-23, 2024
The first International Research Conference in Service Management was held in 1990, with the aim of overcoming traditional boundaries between disciplines. The year 2024 marks the 18th edition of this conference. By enabling thorough and fruitful exchange between a diverse group of participants, this conference has proven itself successful throughout the years.
The conference will take place on the magnificent and car-free Porquerolles Island.
The conference has a unique positioning. There are only two competitive sessions occurring at the same time, and participants spend more time discussing the paper than presenting it. Each author has 45 minutes (full paper submission) or 15 minutes (extended abstract submission) to present the paper and lead a discussion with the audience. At each session, both academics and professionals participate in debates, dialogs, and formal presentations. Many participants have established new networks or rejuvenated old ones to exchange ideas and knowledge. Friendliness and informality are part of the tradition of the event, greatly enhanced by the beautiful setting in a Mediterranean seashore environment. In addition to the rich intellectual exchange, the conference provides a visit to the Fondation Carmignac or to a vineyard in Porquerolles Island.
- Marketing: MING-HUI HUANG, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Organizational Behavior and HRM: MARKUS GROTH, UNSW Sydney, Australia
- Logistics, Operations & Strategy: PAUL GEMMEL, Ghent University, Belgium
Kiane GOUDARZI (IAE Lyon, France) Sylvie LLOSA, Elodie MALLOR, Lionel NICOD (Aix Marseille University) & Chiara ORSINGHER (University of Bologna, Italy)
Human Resources Track
Operations Management Track
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Algorithmic service
- Managerial service research
- Thinking AI for service innovation
- Feeling AI for customer engagement, experience, and care
- Human-AI interaction in service
- Customer, organizational, and societal implications for service
- Service equality, diversity, and inclusivity
- Smart service failure-recovery
- Sustainable and transformative service
- Service and its potential to enhance consumer lives
- Collaborative service and the sharing economy
Logistics, Operations & Strategy
- Service Design, Role of the customer and Service delivery system
- Service capacity
- Service Innovation and NSD
- Integrating new technologies into service delivery systems
- Service networks and Network management
- Service network, alliances, outsourcing
- Services and the public sector
- B-to-B services and Service management in manufacturing
- Services and economic trend
Organizational behavior & Human Resource management
- Focused Human Resource Management (HRM) systems
- Evolving roles of service employees
- Mechanical AI and the changing nature of work
- Affect and emotions in service delivery
- Service climate and culture
- Service leadership
- Service-profit chain and service strategy
- Employee characteristics and service performance
- Cross-cultural issues in service
We call for original papers that might follow into two categories:
- “Full paper”: extended submission format - 20 min. presentation + 25 min. discussion
Manuscripts are to be no longer than 20 pages, including Tables, Figures and References. Contributions must be uploaded before January 31st, 2024 to the conference platform. Please refer to JOSM for all formatting guidelines. When a paper is accepted, authors are free to choose whether to publish on the conference website the entire manuscript or only an extended abstract.
- “Extended abstract”: normal submission format - 7 min. presentation + 8 min. discussion
Manuscripts are to be no longer than 5 pages, Tables, Figures and References excluded.
Contributions must be uploaded before January 31st, 2024 to the conference platform.
THE SUBMISSION PROCESS IS NOT OPEN YET
The conference takes place in Porquerolles island in the Mediterranean sea
The conference starts May 20th with a get together and a warm-up session and ends on Friday the 10th of June in the early afternoon. Those wishing to arrive before/stay after or have further information should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To get to the island, you need to take a boat. The best option for the boat is to take it from “La tour Fondue” for a 15 minutes boat trip.
We strongly recommend that you arrive at TOULON-HYERES airport or HYERES railway station. Toulon railway station is also an option, but less practical than HYERES in terms of access to he Island (it adds 20 km and 40 minutes)
Access from Nice or Marseille is possible by rail (but is fairly complicated) or by car via the toll motor-way. The journey takes a good 90 minutes from either city.
After reading this page, if you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
Please note that we will be checking carefully the email address and few days before the conference we will communicate to all registered participants phone contact numbers in case of emergency.
After your registration, you will receive a form to let us (1) know how you arrive (plane/train/Car?) and (2) at what time you arrive and leave. We will do our best to ease your process to reach the conference island and help for taxi and boats.
Toulon-Hyeres airport: You can reach Toulon-Hyeres airport from Paris (prefer Orly), London Gatwick, Luxembourg, Bruxelle Charleroi. Please find details here
« L’embarcadère de la Tour Fondue », where you will take the shuttle (boat) to get to the island, is 10 kilometres (15 minutes) from Toulon-Hyères Airport.
To reach the Conference resort from Toulon-Hyères airport :
- Taxi: The best solution to get to embarcadère de la tour fondue
- Bus: From Toulon Hyères Airport To Embarcadère de la tour fondue (50 min) Bus prices
Nice or Marseille Airport « L’embarcadère de la Tour Fondue » is about 120 kilometres (74.5 miles) from Marseille-Provence, and 160 Kilometres (99.4 miles) from Nice airport, with at least a 90 minutes journey from either Marseille or Nice.
You would then need to rent a car and park it at La tour Fondue (see below, 55 euros parking cost for 3 to 7 days) or from Marseille Airport, go to Aix TGV or Marseille train station (20 minutes by bus) and then take a train to Toulon or Hyères.
Hyères or Toulon railway station : « L’embarcadère de la Tour Fondue », where you will take the shuttle (boat) to get to the island, is 10 kilometres (20 minutes) from Hyères railway station, and 30 kilometres (about 50 minutes) from Toulon railway station (with frequent fast trains (TGV) to and from Paris/Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, Marseille or Nice).
To reach the Conference resort from Hyères or Toulon railway stations:
- Taxi: The best solution to get to embarcadère de la tour fondue from Hyères train station
Marseille or Nice railway station It is 160 (99.4 miles) kilometres from Nice and 95 (59 miles) kilometres from Marseilles railway stations. Rail travel information in France is available on this website. You will need to have an approximate date of departure to obtain information. Payment on line is accepted (NB: tickets are to be withdrawn using the same credit card used for purchase).
There are different car parks at « l’embarcadère de la tour fondue », where you will take the shuttle (boat) to get to the island:
It seems that the only one that offer a 3 to 7 days parking is Parking Indigo. It costs 55 euros and you don’t need to book it.
BOAT TO PORQUEROLLES ISLAND
REGISTRATION AND BOOKING
ALL INCLUSIVE CONFERENCE PACKAGE:
- Participant rate: 900 euros
- PhD student rate: 750 euros
- Accompagnynig rate: 600 euros
The conference package covers participation in the conference, proceedings, food and lodging for 3 nights at Village Vacances IGESA - Rue de la Douane - Île de Porquerolles 83400 HYÈRES..
- Accompanying person (if sharing accommodation with a fully paying participant): 550 euros
Does not grant access to the Conference sessions
- Children under the age of 5 (if sharing accommodation with a fully paying participant): Free of charge
Registration for the conference is now open.
You do not need to fill your arrival and departure date in the platform as we will come back to you later to try to ease your arrival to the island
Programme coming soon