Our 800 or so students represent an important pool of talent rich in diversity: diversity of skills (reflecting the wide variety of our specialized programs), diversity of profiles (engineers, lawyers, scientists, managers, economists, linguists, and even more atypical ones such as a philosophers and art historians, to name but a few), diversity of personal and professional projects, and diversity of cultures and nationalities (international students make up 30% of our student body).
Recruiting work-study students
Recruit young graduates
Recruit experienced graduates
Sandwich courses have been a permanent fixture of IAE Aix-Marseille strategy for more than 25 years.
- For the company, sandwich courses represent an opportunity to participate in the collective effort of training the younger generations.
- For the student, a sandwich course gives them their first work contract, for one or two years.
- For IAE Aix-Marseille, sandwich courses allow us to strengthen our links with companies and managers.
Sandwich courses form a valuable part of companies’ corporate social responsibility because they represent an investment in youth employment and help to reduce student employment insecurity. At the master’s level, sandwich courses can be a genuine social elevator.
The IAE Aix-Marseille helps you recruit your students
At IAE Aix-Marseille, a dedicated team accompanies you from the first contact to the signature of the contract.
All our programs are available as sandwich courses.
The work-study calendar
Sandwich course participants spend time working at a company between periods of studying at IAE Aix-Marseille. We try to align our schedules with both company and student constraints and expectations. However, we are aware that no schedule will ever be able to address all those constraints and expectations.
Our sandwich course schedules have some advantages for companies:
Work-study schedules by program:
- since the apprenticeship contract can begin on June 4, 2023, and the professionalization contract on August 4, 2023, sandwich courses can begin with a period in the company before the training program starts on September 4, 2023.
- if the contract is signed before June 30, 2022, the company will be able to benefit from €6,000 in state aid under the “1 young person, 1 solution” scheme.
- the schedule allows for work assignments around the country while the training takes place in Aix-en-Provence
- the schedule allows the student to be more committed to project management and strategic efforts
- Management de Contrôle de Gestion Stratégique
- Management de la Communication d'Entreprise
- Management de la Finance Internationale
- Management Général 2me année
- Management International
- Management Stratégique des ressources Humaines
- Management Stratégique des Technologies de l'Information
- Marketing Management
- Stratégie Gouvernance et Audit Interne
- Master 1 Management Stratégique
The regulatory and legal environment of work-study programs
Can my company recruit a student on an apprenticeship contract?
The apprenticeship contract is available to :
- French (SIRET) and Monegasque private law employers
- employers under public law
- within the framework of a provision of services (ETT - temporary work agency)
The professionalization contract is accessible to :
- French (SIRET) and Monegasque private law employers
- within the framework of a provision of services (ETT - temping)
What is the cost of a sandwich contract?
The company’s sandwich contract costs have two components:
- contribution to the training costs;
- the student’s remuneration.
In 2020, France Compétences established a general framework for company contributions to training course financing. Within that framework, we set with our CFA (CFA Epure Méditerranée) the fees for our various courses. It is this amount that your OPCO will be charged (in general these training costs are decided every spring for the following year). The table below shows the fees for various the master’s degrees for the year 2021–2022.
Cost of work-study contracts
Master in Strategic Management
Master in Business Administration
12€ per hour x 668h
13€ per hour x 653h
Please note: To remain true to our societal commitment to sandwich programs, the company is not formally required to cover the remainder if the OPCO covers at least €7,500.
The student’s remuneration is due every month during the training and company periods, starting with the date the contract starts, not the date it is signed. The remuneration scales indicated in the various guides are the minimum remunerations and can be negotiated between the company and the future sandwich student within reasonable limits.
Sandwich contracts bring companies various financial advantages:
- General reduction of social security contributions
- Sandwich students do not count toward the company’s headcount
- Exemption from end-of-contract indemnities
- Financial aid for sandwich students with RQTH (Recognition of the quality of disabled worker).
Finally, as part of its “1 young person, 1 solution” plan, the government has set up an exceptional aid scheme for the recruitment of apprentices for all contracts signed by June 30, 2022:
- 6000 € for private companies
- 3000 € for public companies
How is the invoicing of the contribution to the financing of the training organized?
Our CFA handles all invoicing procedures:
- The professional contract is invoiced for by the hour per quarter of the year.
- Invoicing for the apprenticeship contract is staggered as follows:
- 40% by 31/12/2023,
- 30% on 31/03/2024 and
- 30% on 30/06/2024
What are the key dates for sandwich contracts?
There are several key dates:
- the dates of training
- for a 1-year contract: from 04/09/2023 to 30/09/2024
- for a 2-year contract: from 05/49/2022 to 30/09/2025
- the dates of the company periods
- the contract can be signed
Apprenticeship contract: between 4/6/2023 and 3/12/2023
Professionalization contract: between 4/06/2023 and 3/10/2023
- the contract start and end dates are indicated in the table below
Dates of work-study contracts
Start date of the contract
End date of the contract
Between 4/6/2023 and 3/12/2023
- for a 1 year contract until 30 /11/2024
- for a 2-year contract until 30/11/2025
Between 5/8/2023 and 5/10/2023
- for a 1 year contract until 30/10/2024
- for a 2-year contract until 30/10/2025
Where can I find more information about sandwich contracts?
You can contact CFA Epure Méditerranée for more information on sandwich contracts and the support available for optimizing your investment.
Contact: FORMASUP PACA CFA Epure Méditerranée
Submitting a work-study offer
You can share your sandwich offers and consult our students’ CVs on our online JOBTEASER platform.
First, create your company file. Once it has been validated by our Corporate Relations and Continuing Education department, you will be able to see our students’ CVs and post your jobs.
Our work-study events
This year we are organizing two sessions of speed interviews with our students:
- First session 13 April 2023
- Second session 15 June 2023
The key stages in signing a work-study contract
You will find in the linked documents the main steps and information concerning the preparation of the signature of the work-study contract:
The IAE Aix-Marseille accompanies you in the follow-up of your students
Our teaching and administrative teams are available throughout the duration of sandwich contracts to support both the student and the company.
That support is primarily pedagogical in nature: we ensure the proper integration and development of the student at the company, monitor completion of their assignments, and maintain communications and exchange links with the company tutor. Pedagogical tutors from IAE Aix-Marseille provide most of that support. Those tutors are assigned before the start of the first company period.
The student’s program director can also be involved in providing that pedagogical support
Administrative support, which mainly focuses on questions relating to the contract, is provided by Mireille Gémin, our sandwich coordinator.
We launched an electronic version of the sandwich student logbook in 2020. That provides continuous and shared access to the main elements of the sandwich contract. Our CFA is responsible for this electronic system via the CACTUS application.
Finally, at the end of their contract, each student must write a thesis to be defended before their tutors. For the company and the tutor, the thesis provides an opportunity for shared reflection on and analysis of a problem proposed by the student in agreement with their tutor and validated by the pedagogical tutor.
Do you have a question about the regulations and the follow-up of your student?
Contact Mireille Gémin, work-study coordinator
Recruit a student, participate in our events?
Contact Nathalie Varennes corporate relations firstname.lastname@example.org
IAE Aix-Marseille signs more than 800 internship agreements in France and abroad each year. Internships provide students with an essential professional experience that makes them ready to work as soon as they graduate. All our programs include internship periods of three to six months, at the start, during, and the end of the program.
IAE Aix-Marseille helps you recruit your interns
A dedicated team at IAE Aix-Marseille supports you all the way from making first contact with the student to signing the internship agreement.
The legal and regulatory environment of the internship
How to pay an intern?
Internships lasting more than two months must be paid, regardless of the host organization’s status. The length of the internship is determined by the time spent in the company. The minimum amount of the bonus is set at 15% of the hourly social security ceiling, €3.90 per hour as of January 1, 2020.
How to write an internship agreement?
The process of taking on an intern is governed by a set of legal rules. The internship agreement sets out the obligations of the parties (academic institution, host structure, and student) in accordance with the legislation and regulations in force. Signing an internship agreement is therefore mandatory: no internship can start without an agreement signed by all parties. Any internship started before all the signatures have been collected is illegal, with related consequences, particularly in terms of not being covered by work accident insurance.
Internships last for no longer than six months (including any extensions). The duration is calculated on a pro-rata basis of the time the trainee spends at the host organization.
To calculate the time spent up to six months, the actual presence of the trainee at the host organization is calculated as follows:
- seven hours (whether continuous or not) equals one day
- 22 days (continuous or not) equals one month
- The maximum total duration of six months is therefore equivalent to 924 hours or 132 days.
Any changes to internship agreements require the signature of all three parties.
Changing the status of trainees
Where can I find more information about the internship agreement?
For any additional information, the Career Center is at your disposal at: email@example.com.
All our programs offer internship periods.
Submit an internship offer
You can communicate your internship offers and consult the CVs of our students on our online JOBTEASER platform First, create your company file. Once it has been validated by our Corporate Relations and Continuing Education department, you will be able to see our students’ CVs and post jobs.
Key steps of the internship agreement
The student uses our IPro software to create their internship agreement as soon as the internship topic has been validated by the training manager.
To verify the legal framework, the agreement is then validated by the Career Center and signed by our management. The student then sends it to you for your signature.
The student is responsible for returning the agreement to us, signed by all parties.
You can also draft your own contract. In this case, you will give it to the student.
The IAE Aix-Marseille accompanies you in the follow-up of your trainees
Our pedagogical and administrative teams are available throughout the internship to support both the student and the company.
This support is primarily of a pedagogical nature. Each intern has a pedagogical tutor who is a teacher at IAE Aix-Marseille. The program director can get involved in this pedagogical support if required.
Our Corporate Relations and Continuing Education team provides administrative support mainly focused on issues relating to the regulatory framework and agreements.
Do you have a question about the regulations and the follow-up of your trainee?
Contact Valérie Baume
Recruit an intern, participate in our events?
Contact the corporate relations department, Isabelle Bordenave and Nathalie Varennes
IAE Aix-Marseille offers various opportunities for recruiting our young graduates:
- The sandwich and internship recruitment channels are widely appreciated by both students and companies.
- By participating in our programs, you can begin to build a privileged relationship with our future young graduates.
- the Business Forum is our annual recruitment event
THE BUSINESS FORUM
October 27, 2022 remote and/or face-to-face
- The recruitment event: internships, jobs, and sandwich programs
- Sourcing quality profiles at the master’s level
- Promote your employer brand
- Privileged contacts and networking
- A face-to-face forum on our premises. Companies unable to attend can participate remotely
- Company attendance fees range from €312 to €816 TTC, depending on the number of employees
- The stand includes partitions, tables, chairs, signage, electrical connections and Wi-Fi. Two meals are provided, and you have VIP access for drinks all day. Infomag presenting your company and your needs
- You can also place an advertising page in the Infomag and/or broadcast a video on the screens (additional costs)
- Assessment of the 2021 event (100% face to face):
- 100 managers and HR managers
- 45 companies present
- 500 students and alumni
Contact Nathalie Varennes
Corporate Relations / Events Manager
Corporate Forum participants in recent years have included:
ABSYS CYBORD, ACN Audit, ACTING PEOPLE, AGAP2, AUCHAN RETAIL France, AIRBUS, ALDI, ALTEREO, ANOTHERWAY, APSIDE, BOUYGUES IMMOBILIER, AVIS VERIFIES, BIOPOOLTECH, BRP, CABESTO, CEPAC, CAPGEMINI, CHARLES RICHARDSON Recruitment, CLUB MED, CMA CGM, COMMISSARIAT DES ARMEES, CREDIT AGRICOLE ALPES PROVENCE, DECATHLON, DELOITTE, DIGITAL VIRGO, DURANSIA, ECP, ENOVACOM, EXCO OMNICONSEILSEY, FOSELEV, GEMALTO, GRANT THORNTON, KPMG, HAYS, HIGH CO, KPC, KPMG, INFOSTRATES, JOBLINK, JULHIET STERWEN, LCL, LIDL, MARINE NATIONALE, MAZARS, METROPOLE AIX, MICROPOLE, MONEXT, MY CHEZ MOI, NAVAL GROUP, NIELSEN, NOVRH, OPTIMUM TRACKER, ORECA, ORIGA GROUP, ORTEC GROUPE, P.FACTORY, PIMAN, PLANITEC SETEC, PWc, ROBERT HALF, RSM, SATT SE, SEAFOODIA, SEPT LIEUES, SETEC Eocen, SCALIAN, SOCIETE GENERALE, SODEXO, SOPRASTERIA, ST MICROELECTRONICS, THALES, VISEO,VIRTUAL EXPO, VOYAGE PRIVE, CFA Epure Méditerranée, Alumni IAE, Groupe ADIONA, UPE 13
We have various ways of sharing your available jobs with our experienced graduates. Do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org